The Benefits of Grace: Let's Appreciate The Free Stuff. By Min. J.R. Porter



Let's Appreciate The Free Stuff By Min. J.R. Porter

From the previous writers, you learned the benefit of having God's Grace, but we often take advantage and don't appreciate it until Grace helps us in the time of need. If Grace is a gift of God, we sure don't act like it. When someone gives you a gift, whether it's good or bad, it's still a gift, and we as humans ought to cherish and appreciate that gift. We choose if we like the gift or not from the person who gave it to us. I'm so glad God doesn't treat us like that. God doesn't say I will give Grace to those I like and not to those I dislike. God says, here's my unmerited and unworked gift called Grace that I give to you. My God, I'm getting excited just writing this blog. Unmerited and unworked means we don't deserve it and don't have to work for it. God freely gives his kindness called Grace to us. 

Remember when your parents used to take you school shopping and brought you almost anything you wanted. For me, it was sneakers. I needed the latest and greatest sneakers. If I had all those Jordans my mom bought me back in the '80s now, they would be worth a lot of money. Even though my mom paid for those sneakers, she gave them to me for free. Since I didn't pay for them, I didn't cherish or appreciate them. Meaning I would treat them any kind of way. I would dog out my school sneakers. School sneakers and playground sneakers were not the same. You come home from school and change into your play sneakers, but once again, my mom paid for those sneakers. She gave them freely to me. I pray y'all know where I'm going with this. The Jordan's represent the free gift and how we as humans don't appreciate or cherish our free stuff.  Any worldly item that was given to you freely, with no sentimental value, is not more appreciative than working hard for it and paying for it yourself. God worked hard for this free gift called Grace that He's given to us. I didn't appreciate the sneakers until I had to pay for them out of my very own pocket. God PAID it all in full by giving us Grace through Jesus Christ freely. Let's learn to cherish and appreciate the freeness of Grace that God has given to us. 

The Bible says, in Romans 3: 23-24 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his Grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Despite our shortcomings, God sent his Son so that we might be redeemed from our sins. In doing so, our Heavenly Father demonstrates His infinite mercy and love. We have received countless gifts from God, but none can compare with the gift of salvation. God's Grace is the ultimate gift, and we owe Him the ultimate in thanksgiving.  In advance, learn to praise God for Grace, for it protects and guides us in the right direction.

Comments